One of the greatest, most trustworthy, and reasonably priced domain name registrars is Namecheap. among the biggest on the market as well. But Namecheap does more than just that; it also provides web hosting. a big selection of hosting options at incredibly inexpensive costs.
Although many people like Namecheap’s domain registration services, opinions on its hosting are not so uniform.
Some customers are quite pleased with the affordable hosting costs, the competent customer service, and the sufficient security package. However, many people find Namecheap unpleasant due to its subpar performance.
We created a test website on Namecheap to help you in making an informed choice. This Namecheap Web Hosting Review covers a wide range of topics, including cost, performance testing, features, security, and more.
|📑 Uptime guarantee:
|⚙️ Hosting types:
|Shared, WordPress, VPS, reseller, and dedicated hosting
|🌎 Server locations:
|The US, the UK, and EU
|👨💻 24/7 live support:
|Namecheap coupon 70% OFF
Ranked 113 from 3854 Web Hosting
|$1.88 – $4.98
|$9.88 – $17.88
|$48.88 – $299
|$4.88 – $13.88
|$19.88 – $58.88
Pros and Cons of Namecheap Web Hosting
- Affordable prices
- Free domain registration and privacy protection
- Very affordable prices at $1.58
- Easy to use cPanel interface
- Free SSL and domain are included
- Reliable customer support
- Easy-to-use website builder
- Wide range of features
- 24/7 customer support
- Performance can be inconsistent on shared hosting plans
- Unreliable performance
- Lack of transparency in terms of security
- Poor response time results
- Limited customer support options for some plans
What is Namecheap Web Hosting?
Namecheap, known for its budget-friendly domain registration, also offers a variety of web hosting plans to suit most needs. From simple shared hosting with a free website builder to powerful VPS and dedicated servers, they cater to individuals and businesses alike.
Their shared hosting starts incredibly cheap, with basic plans under $2 per month. All plans include essentials like unmetered bandwidth, free domain name registration and privacy protection, a free SSL certificate for secure browsing, and access to Softaculous for easy one-click app installations like WordPress.
You also get a choice between the intuitive cPanel control panel and their own Easy WP platform for managing your website.
However, some user reviews mention occasional performance issues with shared hosting, especially during peak traffic times.
For more demanding websites or heavier traffic, Namecheap offers advanced hosting options like VPS and dedicated servers with better resource allocation and performance.
Ultimately, Namecheap is a solid choice for budget-conscious website owners, especially beginners, with a wide range of features and an easy-to-use interface. Just be mindful of potential performance limitations for resource-intensive websites.
Here’s a breakdown of what Namecheap Web Hosting offers features:
- Free Domain Name: When you sign up for a hosting plan, you can get a free domain name for your website.
- Website Builder: Namecheap offers a user-friendly website builder to help you create your website even if you have no coding experience.
- Free SSL Certificate: This encrypts communication between your website and visitors, protecting their data.
- Email Accounts: You can create email addresses associated with your domain name.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Namecheap offers 24/7 customer support via live chat, phone, and email.
Overall, Namecheap Web Hosting is a good option for individuals and small businesses who are looking for an affordable and easy-to-use web hosting solution.
However, if you have a high-traffic website or need more advanced features, you may want to consider a different hosting provider.
Namecheap is a good choice for beginners and budget-minded web hosting users. They offer a wide range of features at competitive prices, and their easy-to-use website builder makes it easy to get your website online quickly.
However, if you need the best possible performance or have complex hosting needs, you may want to consider a different provider.
Namecheap Web Hosting Plans & Prices
One of the most affordable hosting companies available is Namecheap. Its most affordable shared hosting package costs $1.58 a month. Reasonably cost WordPress, reseller, VPS, and dedicated server hosting are additional options.
|Best for Business
|Should user-friendliness be your priority? An excellent choice for novices.
|An affordable choice for WordPress website hosting.
|Internet retailers or medium-sized companies. An option that is a little more sophisticated.
|An excellent option for web design or development companies.
|Large websites and virtual shops. An extremely sophisticated solution in which the whole server is yours.
The fact that the service offers a wide range of solutions at reasonable prices is encouraging. But since shared hosting is typically the most well-liked choice by consumers, that’s what we’ll be concentrating on in this study.
Namecheap offers three shared hosting plans, all of which include unlimited bandwidth, free SSL certificates, free domain registration, privacy protection, and access to a free website builder.
Naturally, there are also many variations among all plans:
|20 GB SSD
|Free (up to 30 accounts)
|2 times/week and auto-backup
|2 times/week and auto-backup
Namecheap offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on any of its plans. Thus, you won’t be required to make the longest-term commitment right now. Before purchasing a Namecheap subscription, be sure to know the following:
- A 30-day money-back guarantee is offered.
- If you pay with Bitcoin, you are not able to get a refund.
- The regular cost of the complimentary domain name you were given and registered will be subtracted from the refund amount in the event of a cancellation.
- Refunds for services are not available in multiples.
- Prices are based on yearly billing. Monthly billing is available, but it is more expensive.
- All plans include a free domain name for the first year.
- All plans come with a 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 live chat support.
- Namecheap also offers VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, and reseller hosting plans.
Here are some other things to consider when choosing a Namecheap web hosting plan:
- Traffic expectations: If you expect a lot of traffic to your website, you’ll need a plan with more bandwidth.
- Number of websites: If you need to host multiple websites, you’ll need a plan that supports unlimited websites.
- Storage needs: If you need to store a lot of files, you’ll need a plan with more disk space.
- Email needs: If you need to use email accounts, you’ll need a plan that includes email accounts.
The renewal fee is double the initial payment because it is quite reasonably priced. However, that’s not out of the ordinary—in fact, it’s among the lowest rates we’ve observed.
All things considered, Namecheap is cheap for a reason. You can test the service for 30 days at the lowest pricing, which starts at less than $2.
Namecheap Shared Web Hosting
Namecheap’s Shared Web Hosting plans offer a budget-friendly entry point for hosting your website. With multiple tiers to choose from, you can scale your resources based on your needs, starting with basic plans with limited storage and bandwidth, to options with more flexibility and even free advertising credits.
All plans include essentials like unlimited websites and databases, cPanel control panel for easy management, and 24/7 support. You’ll also get a free SSL certificate for secure browsing and Softaculous one-click app installer for convenient WordPress setup and more.
While Namecheap’s shared hosting might not be ideal for resource-intensive applications or high-traffic websites, it’s a solid choice for personal projects, small businesses, and basic blogs. Consider upgrading if you anticipate significant growth or require advanced features.
Plans and Pricing of Shared Web Hosting:
- Stellar: Basic plan for single websites (starts at $1.98/month).
- Stellar Plus (Popular): More storage and features for multiple websites (starts at $2.98/month).
- Stellar Business: Highest resource allocation for demanding websites (starts at $4.98/month).
Key Features of Shared Web Hosting:
- Unmetered bandwidth: No limits on monthly data transfer.
- Free domain name: Included with annual plans (for the first year).
- Free SSL certificate: Enhances security and trust for visitors.
- Easy website builder: Drag-and-drop tool for simple site creation.
- cPanel control panel: User-friendly interface for managing your hosting.
- Softaculous app installer: One-click installation for popular software like WordPress, Joomla, and more.
- Free CDN: Content Delivery Network for faster loading speeds worldwide.
- Free automatic backups: Safeguards your website data.
- 24/7 support: Available via live chat, email, and phone.
Pros and Cons of Shared Web Hosting:
- Affordable pricing
- User-friendly features
- Good for small to medium websites
- Free domain and SSL certificate
- Reliable performance
- 24/7 support
- Resources are shared, so performance can be affected by other websites on the server.
- Not ideal for high-traffic websites or those with resource-intensive applications.
Namecheap WordPress Web Hosting
Namecheap offers two main options for WordPress hosting: EasyWP and Shared Hosting. EasyWP is a managed solution ideal for beginners, taking care of security, updates, backups, and performance. It’s built on their cloud platform, ensuring fast speeds and uptime.
Shared Hosting is more versatile, allowing for other CMS platforms and custom website code, but you manage server aspects like updates and security yourself. Both options are competitively priced and include essentials like free SSL certificates and email accounts.
Ultimately, choose EasyWP for a hassle-free WordPress experience, especially for personal blogs or small businesses. Opt for Shared Hosting if you need more control or plan to host non-WordPress sites. Remember, Namecheap also offers a free trial, so you can test things out before committing.
Plan and Prices of WordPress Web Hosting:
- EasyWP Starter (Free for 1 Month, then $2.91/month)
- EasyWP Turbo ($4.91/month)
- EasyWP Supersonic ($5.74/month)
Key Features of WordPress Web Hosting:
- Fast Performance: Optimized for speed and backed by Namecheap’s cloud infrastructure.
- Strong Security: Built-in security features to protect your website.
- Easy to Use: Beginner-friendly control panel and streamlined setup.
- Automatic Updates: Keep your WordPress site secure and up-to-date.
- Free Domain Name: Get a free domain name for your first year (with select plans).
- 24/7 Support: Live chat and email support available 24/7.
Pros and Cons of WordPress Web Hosting:
- Affordable pricing
- Free domain name
- Easy setup
- Reliable uptime
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Free SSL certificates
- SSD storage
- Limited server resources
- No website migration assistance
- Upsells during checkout
- Potential performance issues
Namecheap VPS Web Hosting
Namecheap VPS offers a balance of control and affordability for websites outgrowing shared hosting. Imagine a physical server sliced into virtual ones, each with its own dedicated resources like RAM and CPU. You get higher performance, guaranteed isolation, and the freedom to install anything you need.
Choose from three management levels: self-managed (full control for techies), managed (assistance with core services), and complete managed (hands-off for busy bees). Prices start attractive, and you can scale resources up or down as your needs evolve. It’s a solid choice for developers, small businesses, and anyone seeking a step up from shared hosting.
So, if you’re looking for more power, flexibility, and security without breaking the bank, Namecheap VPS is worth a closer look.
Plans and Prices of VPS Web Hosting:
Namecheap offers three VPS web hosting plans to cater to different website needs and budgets:
1: VPS Pulsar:
- Ideal for: Small websites, personal blogs, portfolios.
- Resources: 1 CPU core, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD storage, 100 GB bandwidth.
- Price: Starts at $6.88/month.
2: VPS Quasar:
- Ideal for: Medium-sized websites, e-commerce stores, small business websites.
- Resources: 2 CPU cores, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD storage, 200 GB bandwidth.
- Price: Starts at $12.88/month.
3: VPS Magnetar:
- Ideal for: High-traffic websites, resource-intensive applications, large databases.
- Resources: 4 CPU cores, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB SSD storage, 400 GB bandwidth.
- Price: Starts at $24.88/month.
Key Features of VPS Web Hosting:
- Compelling Value: Affordable pricing for a range of VPS plans, starting as low as $8.88/month.
- Flexible Resource Allocation: Choose from various RAM, CPU, storage, and bandwidth options to match your needs.
- Full Root Access: Enjoy complete control over your server environment for customization and optimization.
- Choice of Operating Systems: Select your preferred OS (Linux or Windows) for compatibility and specific applications.
- Multiple Data Centers: Strategically located in the US, UK, and EU for optimal performance and global reach.
- SSD Storage: Experience enhanced speed and reliability with solid-state drives.
- 24/7 Live Support: Access expert assistance whenever you need it.
Pros and Cons of VPS Web Hosting:
- Excellent value
- Control and flexibility
- Reliable infrastructure
- Solid customer support
- Variety of options
- Limited managed services
- Fewer advanced features
- Potential learning curve
Namecheap Dedicated Web Hosting
For websites with high traffic or demanding applications, Namecheap Dedicated Web Hosting offers superior performance and flexibility compared to shared or VPS hosting.
You get an entire physical server to yourself, with all its resources like CPU, RAM, and storage dedicated to your needs. This translates to faster loading times, better responsiveness, and the ability to handle spikes in traffic without issue.
Namecheap’s Dedicated Servers come in a range of configurations to suit different budgets and requirements. You can choose from Intel Xeon processors with varying core counts, RAM capacities from 16GB to 192GB, and storage options from 500GB HDD to 4TB SSD.
You also have full control over your server environment, allowing you to install any software you need and customize settings to optimize performance for your specific applications.
Overall, Namecheap Dedicated Web Hosting is a good option for businesses or individuals with resource-intensive websites or applications that require maximum control and uptime. However, it’s important to note that dedicated servers require more technical expertise to manage than shared or VPS hosting.
Plans and Prices of Dedicated Web Hosting:
Plans start at $47.88 per month for the Intel Xeon E-2226G processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and 2x1TB SATA HDD configurations. The price increases based on the chosen hardware specifications and additional features.
Key Features of Dedicated Web Hosting:
- Full Root Access: Manage your server with maximum control and install any software you need.
- Powerful Hardware: Choose from various configurations with CPUs ranging from 2 cores to 24 cores, RAM from 16GB to 192GB, and storage options including NVMe and SATA drives.
- Unmetered Bandwidth: Enjoy seamless traffic flow without bandwidth restrictions.
- 24/7 Support: Get assistance from Namecheap’s technical team anytime.
- Optional Managed Services: Enhance your experience with managed server options like OS installation, security updates, and monitoring.
Pros and Cons of Dedicated Web Hosting:
- High performance and scalability
- Enhanced security and control
- Improved reliability and uptime
- Cost-effective for resource-intensive websites
- 24/7 customer support
- Higher cost
- Technical expertise required
- Limited entry-level options
- Renewal price increases
- Upselling tactics
Namecheap Reseller Web Hosting
Namecheap Reseller Hosting lets you become the web host for your own clients. Think of it as buying web hosting in bulk at wholesale prices, then reselling it with your own brand and pricing.
You get powerful features like cPanel accounts for your clients, WHM for managing them, unmetered bandwidth, and built-in security. Plus, you can create private nameservers, install popular CMS platforms like WordPress, and even set up your own helpdesk and client area. All this makes it easy to launch and manage your own web hosting business with Namecheap.
Whether you’re a developer, designer, or simply looking for a new income stream, Namecheap Reseller Hosting offers a flexible and affordable way to enter the world of web hosting.
Plans and Prices of Reseller Web Hosting:
- Stellar (50 cPanel accounts): $1.98/month
- Stellar Buisness (150 cPanel accounts): $4.98/month
- EasyWP Starter (400 cPanel accounts): $0/month
Key Features of Reseller Web Hosting:
- cPanel and WHM: Industry-standard control panels for easy management.
- Unmetered bandwidth: No data transfer limits for your clients.
- Unlimited domains/subdomains: Host as many websites as you need.
- Softaculous script installer: Simple installation of over 400 apps like WordPress, Joomla, Magento.
- Private Nameservers: Brand your hosting service with custom nameservers.
- Built-in firewalls and anti-virus: Security measures for protection.
- 24/7 support: Access to Namecheap’s customer support team.
Pros and Cons of Reseller Web Hosting:
- Affordable pricing
- Easy to use
- WHMCS billing integration
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free SSL certificates
- 24/7 customer support
- Limited resources
- Lower server performance
- Limited customer support
- White-labelled control panel
- Limited scalability
Benefits of Namecheap Web Hosting
Everything is simple to use with Namecheap—both as a hosting provider and as a domain registrar. It makes use of a widely used combination of cPanel and native account management panels. You won’t have any problems figuring it out because they’re both incredibly functional and intuitive.
1: Easy to Use
The Namecheap native panel is rather straightforward, with easy access to all the features you require. It mostly serves as a navigational aid to access cPanel or the domain management tools that you own. This is also the location for support contact.
You can control your hosting, emails, domain list, and other tools and apps from this dashboard. Because everything is arranged nicely in the left-side navigation bar, we found it to be fairly simple.
We also thought it was fascinating that Namecheap provides free relocation services. We also discovered that they provide a free one-year service if they don’t do the task in 24 hours on their website.
2: Good Website Builder
Regardless of the hosting package type you choose, Namecheap provides you with a drag-and-drop website builder. This enables you to use a single subscription to both host and create a website.
It is not reasonable to expect particularly current designs when starting from templates. More than 200 themes are available for a variety of topics and niches; however, they are unoriginal and won’t help your website stand out.
It works similarly to a drag-and-drop editor in the meantime. Numerous widgets are available for addition, such as picture galleries, blogs, forms, payment buttons, and more. However, you won’t have much design flexibility because the editor is rather limited.
The editor is user-friendly and practical. However, it’s also rather antiquated. With over 130 professionally designed themes, Hostinger’s website builder offers far greater versatility. Thus, you might want to look at Hostinger plans if having a top-notch website builder is very important to you.
Additionally, Namecheap provides a premium website builder that builds the website for you. all’s called Visual, and all you have to do is select a color scheme, select a few answers, and that’s all. After a website is created for you, you can make additional edits to it. Thus, you may quickly create a website that looks good.
In general, Namecheap is quite user-friendly. It aims to please both novices and experts, and we have to admit that it does it successfully.
With cPanel and a tidy dashboard, this service eliminated all obstacles from every hosting-related procedure. Additionally easy to use and intuitive, the website builder is somewhat outdated and constrictive.
3: Performance and Uptime
We tested Namecheap to see how well it performed because other reviewers didn’t seem to think highly of it. Using our own fully-developed website, we conducted numerous performance-based tests to evaluate Namecheap’s dependability, speed, and capacity to handle traffic.
For two weeks, we ran all of our tests using GTMetrix, a page performance monitoring tool. You may find all of the results by reading on.
Namecheap experienced 16 outages during the testing period, totaling 31 minutes of downtime in terms of uptime. As a result, Namecheap’s uptime dropped to a record-low 99.82%.
As per Namecheap’s terms of service, if customer care representatives verify that there was downtime, you can be eligible for a complimentary one-month hosting package.
Next, GTMetrix displayed an average response time of 1.05 seconds. Namecheap’s performance could be better given that the shared hosting market average is approximately 600ms.
Hostinger is one of the companies that averages 511 ms, and Bluehost even hits 361 ms. Therefore, in terms of performance, there are undoubtedly more trustworthy services.
4: Namecheap Speed
Namecheap is located in the Netherlands, the UK, and the US. We used the US data center to host our website while we were testing. It follows that the US achieved the best performance. 912ms was the Largest Contentful Paint (LCP).
The market for hosting has undoubtedly improved, but it hasn’t declined either. Hostinger’s LCP, for instance, was only 479 ms, ensuring even greater performance for users worldwide. Bluehost, meanwhile, had a result that was 920 ms worse than Namecheap’s. Thus, it can be concluded that Namecheap’s performance is mediocre.
We used GTMetrix to test Namecheap’s LCP, just like we did with all other performance evaluations. It makes sense that the LCP rose as we moved farther from the origin server. The LCP in India increased to 2.1s, while it was a staggering 1.4s in the UK. Thus, the outcomes from the other places are not unexpected and are expected.
5: Namecheap Security
When searching for the finest hosting company, security is one of the most crucial things to take into account. In regards of security, Namecheap provides the following:
There is a free positive SSL accessible with one-click activation. We activated the SSL in a matter of seconds, so it’s ideal if you need to launch your website quickly
All customers purchasing a domain name from Namecheap are eligible for free WHOIS Domain Privacy Protection. It shields you from unsolicited solicitations, spam, identity theft, and other threats to your privacy.
Supersonic CDN offers free basic DDoS protection, but you have to activate it yourself.
Supersonic CDN’s commercial edition offers a sophisticated Web Application Firewall if you’d want even more security.
Although twice week backups are included in the Stellar plan, this is not guaranteed. Every day automatic backups are included with Stellar Plus and Stellar Business. You may access 6 daily, 3 weekly, and 11 monthly backups with these services. Whichever one you select is up to you.
You can use TOTP or U2F authentication methods with Namecheap. The latter gives you the option to select from Google Authenticator, Authy, LastPass Authenticator, and more, while the former utilizes USB or NFC devices.
We discovered that Namecheap provides every requirement for robust security. You can be sure that your website is constantly protected to the highest standards with backups in case you lose your data and DDoS protection.
Can I get help from Namecheap’s customer support?
Namecheap offers a variety of ways for customers to contact them. Firstly, you can utilize the ticketing system or the live chat feature, which is available around the clock if you need immediate assistance. The 24/7 live chat feature substitutes for the lack of phone or email help.
In reference to the live chat feature, we discovered that agents typically answer within a few minutes. We attempted to get in touch with Namecheap about the problem we were having with the SSL certificate.
The person was really helpful and went straight to work on fixing the issue. He provided us with updates on the problem and his efforts to resolve it.
Thus, we had a great experience with customer service. The problem was quickly fixed thanks to the agent’s kindness and support.
Namecheap features an extensive information library in addition to live chat. There, we discovered numerous step-by-step instructions in the form of articles and guides, which are quite helpful for beginners.
All things considered; I think Namecheap offers excellent customer service. There was enough beginner-friendly information in the knowledge base, and the live chat experience was professional and nice.
Based on our Hosting Mastery Hub analysis, Namecheap is a passable hosting service with some good features and room for improvement. Although the memberships are quite affordable, they don’t have as many features as those offered by Hostinger and certain other providers.
Although Namecheap boasts great security features, its cheapest plan has a minimal website allowance, poor performance, and no storage. Here is a summary of all the results:
|Cheap and easy-to-use hosting
|If you choose a two-year subscription, the least expensive shared hosting plan comes with a monthly fee of $1.58. Considering the low cost, you’re paying; the plans are really comprehensive. Renewal payments, however, will triple.
|Ease of Use
|The cPanel version used by Namecheap is basic. It’s not personalized, but it works well and is easy to use. Although quite intuitive, the web builder may be rather restricting.
|This is where Namecheap really struggles: performance. The average response time of 1.05 seconds speaks for itself, and the 99.82% uptime was far less than the 100% guaranteed. Although it wasn’t too slow, the loading time could have been faster. Namecheap, however, managed a sizable volume of traffic.
|Although they are more basic, their plans contain security features including backups, SSL certificates, DDoS protection, and domain privacy. The Stellar plan’s backups are a little dubious because the provider does not promise that they will be taken. There are auto backups that are assured with Stellar Plus and Stellar Business.
|The customer service was almost perfect. It simply offers a ticketing system and live chat, but both are quick and effective. You may learn almost everything about online presence from the resource center and the vast information base.
We would advise against using Namecheap for any kind of commercial blogging; instead, we would only suggest it for modest personal blogs. It could also be beneficial for evaluating your website development abilities.
For personal use, it’s affordable and simple, but performance is lacking. You should utilize it for cheap names since it is what the company specializes in.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is Namecheap a good choice for web hosting?
Namecheap is a popular and affordable web hosting provider, ideal for beginners and small businesses. They offer shared, VPS, dedicated, and reseller hosting plans with good performance, uptime, and customer support. However, for large-scale or complex websites, you might need a more robust platform.
What are the different Namecheap web hosting plans?
Namecheap offers several shared hosting plans at varying price points and storage/bandwidth limits. They also have dedicated plans for WordPress, e-commerce, and high-traffic websites. Additionally, VPS and dedicated server options cater to those needing more control and power.
How easy is it to use Namecheap web hosting?
Namecheap provides a user-friendly control panel (cPanel) to manage your website and hosting. They also offer beginner-friendly tools like website builders and one-click WordPress installs. Additionally, their extensive knowledge base and live chat support make it easy to find help if needed.
Does Namecheap offer domain registration and email hosting?
Yes, Namecheap is a domain registrar and offers domain registration services alongside their web hosting. They also provide email hosting, SSL certificates, and other website security features. This can be convenient for managing everything related to your website in one place.
What is Namecheap’s customer support like?
Namecheap offers 24/7 customer support via live chat, phone, and email. However, some users report mixed experiences with wait times and the helpfulness of support representatives. It’s recommended to utilize their extensive knowledge base for common issues before contacting support.
Are there any downsides to using Namecheap?
Some potential downsides include occasional upsells during checkout, limited customizability for shared hosting plans, and higher renewal pricing compared to introductory rates. Additionally, their cheapest plans might not be sufficient for resource-intensive websites.